Owen Electric Cooperative awards $16,000 annually to assist in financing higher education for students whose families, or themselves, are cooperative members.
Scholarships can be used for tuition, fees, campus housing, textbooks, and other supplies directly related to the recipient’s education.
Scholarships are paid to the student’s accredited college, university, technical college or trade school.
Owen Electric Cooperative scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
For 2022, Owen Electric will award the following scholarships:
One (1) $2,000 Scholarship
Eligible students MUST submit their entry in-person at the Annual Business Meeting and MUST BE PRESENT for the drawing at the meeting:
Owen Electric Annual Business Meeting
Friday, June 10, 2022
Registration: 4 p.m., Business Meeting: 6 p.m.
Arthur Service Center
13179 Walton Verona Road
Walton, KY 41094
Fourteen (14) $1,000 Scholarships
Two entries per board district will be drawn. Entries will be accepted beginning Monday, May 23 through the close of business (4:30 p.m.) Friday, June 10, 2022. Entries may be submitted electronically, using the form below, or by obtaining and submitting the form from any Owen Electric office location.
A form will also be printed in the May issue of Kentucky Living.
Entries received in the aforementioned manner will only be used for the $1,000 scholarships, drawn the week following the Annual Meeting.
Owen Electric Scholarships Eligibility and Criteria
- Student or student’s parent or guardian must be a member of Owen Electric Cooperative at their principal place of residence.
- Student must be entering into their freshman year or higher of post-secondary education (college, university, or trade school). Graduate school (master’s degree programs or higher) is excluded from program. Non-traditional students are welcome.
- Student must be able to show proof of full-time enrollment/acceptance at an accredited college, university, technical college or trade school. (i.e. class schedule, account balance at the university, etc.) in order for payment to be issued to the institution the student will be attending.
- Students who have previously been awarded an Owen Electric Cooperative scholarship are not eligible to apply again.
- Scholarship recipients must permit Owen Electric Cooperative to use their names, parents’ names, county of residence and photograph in the cooperative’s publications, including the local insert of the Kentucky Living magazine.
- The funds will be disbursed directly to the institution the student will be attending.
- Owen Electric Cooperative employees/directors and their immediate families are not eligible for this scholarship.
Should a student enter BOTH scholarship drawings and he/she is drawn for the $2000 scholarship at the Annual Meeting, their entry for the $1000 scholarship, to be drawn later, will be void.
Any incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Recipients of the $1000 scholarships will be contacted the week following the Annual Meeting, shortly after verification and acceptance.
If you have any questions about the Owen Electric Cooperative Scholarship Program, please contact Member Services at (800) 372-7612, option 4, or email email@example.com.