*The scholarship entry period has closed for 2021*
Owen Electric Cooperative has established an annual scholarship program to assist in financing higher education for students whose families, or themselves, are cooperative members. The cooperative will award fourteen $1,000 scholarships annually, allocated by two scholarships per board district.
Scholarships can be used for tuition, fees, campus housing, textbooks, and other supplies directly related to the recipient’s education.
Scholarships are paid to the accredited college, university, technical college or trade school of the student’s choice.
Owen Electric Cooperative Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
This year, due to social distancing practices in the wake of COVID-19, scholarship entries will be taken online, drive thru windows, and in-office only. Entries can be submitted via electronic form below or by obtaining and submitting the form via the drive thru window or office lobby. A form will be printed within the May Kentucky Living insert. Owen Electric reserves the right to fully vet submissions for scholarship program compliance.
- Student or student’s parent or guardian must be a member of Owen Electric Cooperative at their principal place of residence.
- Student must be entering into their freshman year or higher of post-secondary education (college, university, junior college, or trade school). Graduate school (master’s degree programs or higher) is excluded from program. Non-traditional students are welcome as well.
- Student must be able to show proof of full-time enrollment/acceptance at an accredited college, university, technical college or trade school. (i.e. class schedule, account balance at the university, etc.) in order for payment to be issued to the institution the student will be attending.
- Scholarship recipients must permit Owen Electric Cooperative to use their names, parents’ names, county of residence and photograph in the cooperative’s publications, including the local insert of the Kentucky Living magazine.
- The funds will be disbursed directly to the institution the student will be attending.
- Students who have previously been awarded an Owen Electric Cooperative scholarship are not eligible to apply again.
- Owen Electric Cooperative employees/directors and their immediate families are not eligible for this scholarship.
Scholarship entries will be accepted online, via drive thru, or in-office at any Owen Electric office location beginning Monday, May 24 through close of business, Friday, June 11, 2021. Any incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Two entries per board district will be drawn; recipients will be contacted shortly after for formal verification and acceptance.