Owen Electric Scholarships
Scholarships can be used for tuition, fees, campus housing, textbooks, and other supplies directly related to the recipient’s education.
Scholarships are paid to the accredited college, university, technical college or trade school of the student’s choice.
Owen Electric Cooperative Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
Owen Electric Cooperative scholarships will be awarded in a random drawing after the business meeting portion of the Owen Electric Annual Meeting in June of each year.
2019 Annual Business Meeting
Friday, June 14 at the Owen Electric Arthur Service Center
13179 Walton-Verona Road, Walton, KY 41094.
Registration: 4:30 p.m.
Business Meeting: 6 p.m.
- Student or student’s parent or guardian must be a member of Owen Electric Cooperative at their principal place of residence.
- Student must be entering into their freshman year or higher of post-secondary education (college, university, junior college, or trade school). Graduate school (master’s degree programs or higher) is excluded from program. Non-traditional students are welcome as well.
- The student must be accompanied by their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to register for the scholarship. Students and their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) may register at any Owen Electric office during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) beginning Monday, June 3 through Friday, June 14. Scholarship registration may also take place prior to the Annual Business Meeting, between the hours of 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Friday, June 14 at the Owen Electric Arthur Service Center. The parent or legal guardian must first register for the membership meeting and then accompany the student complete the registration slip for the drawing. Non-traditional students, age 21 or older, and who are themselves members of the cooperative are not subject to this requirement.
- Student must be able to show proof of full-time enrollment/acceptance at an accredited college, university, technical college or trade school. (i.e. class schedule, account balance at the university, etc.)
- Scholarship recipients must permit Owen Electric Cooperative to use their names, parents’ names, county of residence and photograph in the cooperative’s publications, including the local insert of the Kentucky Living magazine.
- The funds will be disbursed directly to the institution the student will be attending.
- Students who have previously been awarded an Owen Electric Cooperative scholarship are not eligible to apply again.
- Owen Electric Cooperative employees/directors and their immediate families are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Parent(s) or legal guardians(s) of the student, or the student themselves, must register for the membership meeting where their membership and address will be validated, then complete the scholarship registration slip and show proof of enrollment.
- For those enrolling in Walton, just prior to the Business Meeting, parent(s) and legal guardian(s), along with the student, will bring the membership ticket to the scholarship registration to complete the scholarship registration slip and show proof of enrollment.
- The scholarship form will be completed and submitted by the student applicant.
- Twelve students’ names will be drawn to award the scholarships. Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and their student applicant need not be present to win. Winners will be contacted the Monday following the Annual Meeting.
If you have any questions about the Owen Electric Cooperative Scholarship, please contact Member Service at 800-372-7612 option 4 or email@example.com.